Getting Results For Product Liability Claims
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a claim against the product’s designer, manufacturer or marketer. My name is Steve Ryneal. I have over four decades of experience in product liability and other wrongful injury claims. I can help you receive the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage and more.
Contact me today to schedule your free and confidential legal consultation.
What Is Product Liability?
Very often, people are injured not by the direct negligence of someone else, like in a drunk driving accident, but rather through the use of a product that was defectively designed or manufactured. These kinds of claims are called product liability cases, and the law in California holds the manufacturers, sellers and distributors of commercial products strictly liable to the consumer who is injured while using a product that proves to be defective in its design or the way it was manufactured.
Examples of accidents caused by defective products include:
- A car crash resulting from a vehicle model that has a tendency to flip over
- A fall caused by a swing set that came with a broken chain
- An illness caused by the lack of a warning label on a cough syrup that does not mention it may cause dangerous side effects if taken with another commonly used drug, such as aspirin
- Broken bones, bruises or other injuries caused by an air bag deploying when it shouldn’t have
- Smoke inhalation, burns or other injuries due to a fire alarm not being triggered by a fire
Because there are special laws and rules that apply to the field of product liability cases, it is important that you contact an experienced defective product liability attorney who specializes in this area of the law as soon as possible after an accident. The attorney can then evaluate the facts surrounding the accident and initially determine if the product causing your injuries indeed appears to be defective. If necessary, they can also have an appropriate expert who is knowledgeable about that particular product thoroughly examine and test the product to verify that it was, in fact, defectively designed or manufactured.
The Types Of Product Defects
Three types of defects may cause injury in a product liability case:
- Manufacturing defects: A defectively manufactured product is dangerous due to an error that occurred while it was being made. This usually means that most of the same product does function correctly, but the particular one that injured you was defective in some way.
- Design defects: Defectively designed products are inherently dangerous due to a flaw in the design. This means that all the products in a single line that were created using this design are defective, which may lead to a recall.
- Marketing defects: A defectively marketed product is usually the result of the failure to provide adequate warnings or instructions. Any product that can be dangerous in a way that is not obvious must come with a label that provides this information.
Free Consultations — Get In Touch Today
To learn more about how an attorney can help you build and win your case, call me at 951-382-5176 to set up a free case evaluation.