Where Compassion Meets Experience

Get Help For An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Claim

You may already be familiar with the term “uninsured motorist claim.” This type of claim involves a situation in which a driver is involved in a car vehicle accident caused by another motorist who has no liability insurance at all. Most people are less familiar, however, with the concept of what an underinsured motorist claim is. As the name suggests, this involves an accident where the other driver does in fact carry liability insurance, but the amount or limit of their insurance coverage is insufficient to compensate you fully for all of your injuries and damages. Therefore, that motorist is considered to be underinsured as far as all of your damages are concerned.

Get the compensation you deserve even if the driver who caused your accident doesn’t have insurance. Contact me today to learn more.

These claims are often referred to jointly as uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims. As the attorney of Ryneal & Ryneal, I have over four decades of experience representing clients who have been injured as the result of an uninsured or underinsured motorist. If you have been injured by someone who lacks adequate auto insurance or doesn’t possess any at all, you may have a UM/UIM claim.

Does My Insurance Cover An Accident With An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist?

Another little-known fact is that the underinsured motorist coverage you carry with your own insurance company only comes into play if the other driver’s liability insurance limits are less than your underinsurance limits. In other words, if the at-fault motorist’s liability coverage limits are equal to or greater than your underinsured limits, then your underinsured motorist coverage doesn’t come into play at all in your claim for damages, and you would then normally be limited to recovering the amount of the driver’s liability insurance coverage only, assuming they don’t have any personal assets you can go after as well.

Request Your Free UM/UIM Consultation

If you have questions about how your car insurance policy works and if you can receive compensation after an uninsured or underinsured driver accident, I am happy to assist you during a free case evaluation. You can also call me at 951-382-5176.