Riverside Defective Product Attorney
Product Liability Claims
If you or a loved one have been injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a claim against the product’s designer, manufacturer, or marketer. Our team of Riverside defective product attorneys at Ryneal & Ryneal, a Law Corporation have over four decades of experience in product liability and other wrongful injury claims. We can help you pursue the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage or replacement, and more.
Contact us today to schedule your free and confidential legal consultation.
What is Product Liability?
Very often people are injured not by the direct negligence of someone else, like in a drunk driving accident, but rather through the use of a product that was defectively designed or manufactured.
These kinds of claims are called product liability cases, and the law in California holds the manufacturers, sellers, and distributors of commercial products strictly liable to the consumer who is injured while using a product that proves to be defective in its design or the way it was manufactured.
Examples of accidents caused by defective products include:
- A car crash resulting from a vehicle model that has a tendency to flip over
- A fall caused by a swing set that came with a broken chain
- An illness caused by the lack of a warning label on a cough syrup that does not mention it may cause dangerous side effects if taken with another commonly used drug, such as aspirin
- Broken bones, bruises, or other injuries caused by an airbag deploying when it shouldn’t have
- Smoke inhalation, burns, or other injuries due to a fire alarm not being triggered by a fire
Because there are special laws and rules that apply to the field of product liability cases, it is important that you contact an experienced defective product attorney who specializes in this area of the law as soon as possible after an accident.
The attorney can then evaluate the facts surrounding the accident, and initially determine if the product causing your injuries indeed appears to be defective. If necessary, they can also have an appropriate expert who is knowledgeable about that particular product thoroughly examine and test the product to verify that it was in fact defectively designed or manufactured.
The Types of Product Defects
There are three types of defects that may cause injury in a product liability case:
- Manufacturing defects: A defectively manufactured product is dangerous due to an error that occurred while it was being made. This usually means that most of the same product does function correctly, but the particular one that injured you was defective in some way.
- Design defects: Defectively designed products are inherently dangerous due to a flaw in the design. This means that all the products in a single line that were created using this design are defective, which may lead to a recall.
- Marketing defects: A defectively marketed product is usually the result of the failure to provide adequate warnings or instructions. Any product that can be dangerous in a way that is not obvious must come with a label that provides this information.
To learn more about how an attorney can help you build and win your case, call (951) 382-5454 to set up a free case evaluation.